Ford launches massive multimedia push for new Fiesta
The all-new Ford Fiesta supermini will go on sale next month backed by a hugely ambitious and integrated marketing campaign, says Ford.
Featuring TV, press advertising, internet, direct mail, outdoor press, radio, events and sponsorship, the marketing launch kicks off on Friday 19th September, 9.00pm on Channel 4 when the new TV advert premieres during the cult comedy series, Ugly Betty.
The campaign creative is based on capturing the spirit and attitude of 'now' and uses music, fashion, art, technology and film to highlight the values of the all-new Fiesta.
Mark Ovenden, marketing director, Ford of Britain, said: "This new campaign captures the spirit of the all new Fiesta perfectly – it’s stylish, modern and packed with new technology.
"Fiesta is one of Britain's best selling small cars and is best known for its reliability, great driving dynamics and good value. We aim to show the public that the all-new Fiesta retains its brand values but we have added our passion for great design and new technology," he said.
• Watch the new Ford Fiesta advert
Key Campaign Elements include:
• TV and Press: the all-new Fiesta television advert premieres during Ugly Betty on Friday September 19, 9.00pm, Channel 4;
• National newspaper and magazine advertising starts September 20;
• Billboards will appear in major city centre locations from September 22;
• An interactive website, www.allnewfiesta.co.uk ,will go live on September 19. www.ford.co.uk and www.fordfleet.co.uk will contain an all-new Fiesta section, also live from September 19;
• Radio: all-new Fiesta is the sponsor of "Live at your Local", a collection of exclusive small music gigs across the UK. Starting with the Sugarbabes in Birmingham, these concerts will be aired on Red Dragon, Invicta, GWR, Trent FM, BRMB and Century FM radio stations;
• The MSN Hub: a website called www.this-is-now.co.uk , launches on September 21 and includes a dynamic three-dimenstional city to bring the spirit of 'now' concept to life;
• ITV: all-new Fiesta will be sponsoring The Fashion Show on ITV2. The show is brand new for ITV this autumn and each week the audience will be immersed in the glamorous world of high street fashion;
• News International: from September 21 until January 2009, new Fiesta will feature in advertorials across Sunday Times, Style and News of the World supplement, Fabulous magazine;
• The all-new Fiesta campaign was developed by Ford's marketing agencies: Ogilvy Mindshare, and Wunderman and the campaign will run until the end of the year.